Registration for Port Moody’s Box Lacrosse 2021 Season is now open!
2021 Registration Fees
Registration fees can be paid by the following methods:
- Interac E-transfer: This is our preferred method of payment as it minimizes bank fees to the association. If you choose this option, then after you have registered please email email@example.com and ensure the answer to your security question is “boxlax”.
- Credit Card: This is processed through PayPal, please note that +3% processing fee will be added to your total to offset the fees we will incur. Please follow the instructions from the registration site.
- Cheque: Please mail to Port Moody Lacrosse Association, #274 – 255 Newport Drive, Port Moody, BC V3H 5H1.
- KidSport – For more information please contact KidSport directly at http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/british-columbia/tri-cities-port-moody-port-coquitlam-coquitlam/.
We are unable to accept cash for registration fees.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the PMLA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Dec 1-31 2020)
(Jan 1-31 2021)
(After Jan 31 2021)
|2015 – 2016||Co-ed Mini-Tyke||$200||$225||$275|
|2013 – 2014||Co-ed Tyke||$225||$245||$295|
|2011 – 2012||Male Novice||$260||$285||$315|
|2009 – 2010||Male Peewee||$285||$305||$340|
|2007 – 2008||Male Bantam||$295||$325||$360|
|2005 – 2006||Male Midget||$280||$335||$370|
|2011 – 2012||Female Novice||$260||$285||$315|
|2009 – 2010||Female Peewee||$285||$305||$340|
|2007 – 2008||Female Bantam||$295||$325||$360|
|2005 – 2006||Female Midget||$295||$335||$370|
|2000 – 2004||Female Junior||$295||$340||$380|
The KidSport™ Fund
The KidSport™ Fund is a program of Sport BC designed to “remove the financial obstacles that prevent underprivileged children from playing sport in British Columbia”. Each child aged 6 – 18 who applies is eligible for up to $300 for one season of sport. The grant is provided directly to the club or sport organization. For information on this program, click here.
Jumpstart is a national charity supported by Canadian Tire Corporation with a commitment to sports in local communities. Children can be funded for successive seasons in a sport up to a maximum of $300 per sport; subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. The annual maximum is $600; again, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. For more information on this program, click here.
Please note that:
- A player is not registered until a complete registration form is received and payment is received in full.
- Registrants must fill in all names, addresses, phone numbers (including cell phone) and email addresses for all parents/guardians so that the PMLA can compile a comprehensive list of PMLA voting members also for important notices
- If you have more than two children registered in PMLA, each additional child’s fees will be discounted 50%.
- Returning players (as per BCLA policy) birth certificate numbers will now be a mandatory field in the online registration process. NEW players will need to either scan or attach a photocopy of player’s birth certificate (BCLA will keep this on file) and a photocopy of player’s proof of residency (hydro, gas or other utility bill) to be emailed to the PMLA Registrar, Jamie McMurray at email@example.com.
- Players in each division will be entered on a wait list in the sequence of registration. A returning player will have their place reserved until 31 December 2020 after which they will automatically go to the top of the waiting list.
- The maximum number of players and goalies for one team is set by the BCLA.
- In addition to registration fees collected by the PMLA, each team manager will be responsible for collecting jersey deposit cheques of $75.00 post-dated to 01 August 2020 along with team fees for tournaments and other team social events.
- PMLA has introduced mandatory Concussion Baseline Testing using the CCMI protocol this season (not applicable to Mini-Tyke & Tyke players); more details will be available prior to the season commencing. If you have a recent Baseline Test completed via PMAHA this will be transferable to PMLA.
- All refund requests must be submitted to the PMLA Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) in writing.
- Fees will be refunded prior to stepping out on the floor for first practice or tryouts, less a $25.00 processing fee.
- Up to April 15th, refunds for withdrawal will be pro-rated, less a $25.00 processing fee.
- April 15th – May 14th refunds for withdrawal will be 50%, less a $25.00 processing fee.
- No refunds on membership cancellations received May 13th or later.
- Please allow a 30 day processing time.
The Box Season
The typical spring schedule for box lacrosse is between 15 and 20 league games depending on the division. It starts early-April and ends at the end of June. Those teams qualifying for Provincials will play into July. A week is made up of one practice and up to two games, with some travel due to away games in other cities across the Lower Mainland. Practice, game days and times depend on the team to which your child is assigned. Please note that Mini-Tyke and Tyke teams play “in-house” and may only travel as far as Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam for their away games.
Interested in Coaching a team or Assistant Coaching? Please contact the PMLA Coaching Coordinator, Stu Doyle, at email@example.com and type “Coaching” in subject line. Thanks for your interest!